Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Review-Man from Beijing


When I saw the NookColor, I realized it was the ebook reader I was waiting for. I bought it in time to take it on vacation, and immediately checked our Overdrive collection for a book to borrow. Almost all our ebooks were checked out, so I put a hold on The Man from Beijing by Henning Mankell. I checked my email daily for the notice that it was ready. I got to my destination, checked my email and there it was! I downloaded it right in the hotel room and was able to start reading it immediately. I was very pleased with the reading experience. It is easy to use, lightweight, and has a nice clear screen.

So, on with the book reveiw! I really enjoyed the book. It had me hooked from the very beginning. I enjoyed the character development and the settings. The book takes place in contemporary Sweden and China, and the American West of the early 1800's. The main plot is a murder mystery, but there is also a subplot about the building of the railroad and the poor treatment of the people who were doing the hard labor. Mankell is mostly known for his Kurt Wallender series, this book is not in that series. I would certainly recommend this book to mystery fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment