Social Security Statements Now Available Online:
You can now get your Social Security Statement online. The online option is the only way to receive your statement unless you are 60 or older or turning 25 this year.
The statement provides estimates of the retirement and disability benefits you or your family may receive, making it important to have when financial planning. You can also use it to make sure your earnings are being accurately posted to your Social Security record. Incorrect reporting could mean that you won’t receive the benefits you are entitled to.
The statement also provides:
- A list of your lifetime earnings according to Social Security’s records
- The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid
- Information about qualifying and signing up for Medicare
- Things to consider for those age 55 and older who are thinking of retiring
- The opportunity to apply online for retirement and disability benefits
- A printable version of your Social Security statement
View your Social Security statement online.