OverDrive Media Console v2.6.5 is coming to iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) and Android on May 28th.
This release is all about bug-fixes to improve the end user experience. Here is what’s coming out in v2.6.5:
- Enhancements made to improve the speed of the in-app browser (iOS)
- Fixed a bug that causes the app to crash when working from a proxy server (iOS)
- Improved bad SSL certificate error messaging (iOS)
- Fixed a bug that prevents page turns beyond page 161 on some devices (Android)
- Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements on both iOS and Android
Audiobook users that have only partially downloaded an audiobook prior to the update will need to return to the library bookshelf to download any missing parts. If users try downloading missing parts directly without first reactivating the download from their library website bookshelf, they will receive a ‘downloadManagerErrorDomain:403’ error.
Note: The Adobe authorization and audiobook download issues will only impact iOS users.
We’ve created two help articles to help end users through both Adobe authorization and audiobook download:
- Why do I have to sign in with an Adobe ID after updating OverDrive Media Console for iOS?
- What to do if there is a ‘downloadManagerErrorDomain:403’ error when trying to download an audiobook using OverDrive Media Console for iOS