Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Heat Your Home, Save Money

Heat Your Home, Save Money: From GovGab

It’s a cool, rainy day and that reminds me that I have to face facts and get my home ready for winter. I’ve been putting it off because I just don’t want to know what that tank of oil will cost me this year. But it’s time to face reality and accept that the cold weather is on its way.

Last year we got some new windows and I hope that the investment will pay off this year in the form of lower heating costs. I really did my homework and we bought good-quality, energy-efficient windows. Replacing old, drafty windows is a great way to save energy, but it's expensive. There are plenty of free or low cost ways to save energy too.

It’s never too late to make some changes in your household to save energy, and there may be financial assistance to help you make your home or business more energy efficient. Depending on where you live and what programs your state offers, you may be eligible for assistance or rebates to weatherize your home, and rebates when you buy Energy Star products. There’s also a program known as LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) that’s administered by the states to help families who can’t afford their energy costs.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment