Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rate this Recipe: Pumpkin Pancakes

Rate this Recipe: Pumpkin Pancakes: From GovGab: "Ingredients for pumpkin pancakesLee la versión en español

This month always makes me think of pumpkins
- driving to the local pumpkin patch, going on a hayride and warm apple cider.


This recipe is from USDA’s SNAP-Ed
Connection’s
Recipe Finder
database
– also available in Spanish. These recipes were submitted by nutrition and health professionals and organizations. I like the fact that you can search by ingredients, name or topic - like whole
grain. When you find the recipe, you can view the nutrition facts, create a shopping list and rate the recipe.


But if you can’t find what you want here, there are plenty of government
recipe collections
to choose from.


Recipe: Perfect
Pumpkin Pancakes



Tweak to the recipe:


I used canola oil instead of vegetable oil because that’s what I had on hand.


Cooking experience:


This took about 50 minutes all together. I was able to find pumpkin pie spice, but the recipe shows you how to make your own.


You can use a wet paper towel to wipe up the extra pancake bits in between each batch.


I think it would be fun if you used cute pumpkin or Halloween pancake molds to make it extra special.


5 out of 5Rating: 5 out of 5


Me: “I loved the smell of the batter while cooking the pancakes. Maybe because I’m a fan of pumpkin and the weather is getting cooler. And it was pretty easy to make – bonus points for that.”


Husband: “This is what you get when you combine the best parts of pumpkin pie with the most enjoyable parts of home-made pancakes.”


Son: (keeps chewing his pancakes) “I want some more!”


So now that it’s almost Halloween, this would be a great time to try this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment on this post. What’s your favorite pumpkin food or drink? I know there are plenty of Pumpkin
Spice Latte
folks out there.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment